Organic (adj.):1.relating to or employing agricultural practices that avoid the use of synthetic chemicals in favor of naturally occurring pesticides, fertilizer, and other growing aids.
I am committed to partnering with local farmers who have a proven history of respect towards their environment in how they harvest their ingredients. It is truly inspirational to see how these multi-generational farms continue to employ age-old practices that produce ingredients in the most eco-sensitive way possible.
With wild-harvested ingredients, cold-pressed and steam distilled extracts, I am able to provide unparalleled care for your hair and skin. Because only the world's finest botanicals can make the world's finest products.
All of the organic ingredients I purchase are certified organic by EcoCert, Quality Assurance International, California Certified Organic Farmers, or Organic Crop Improvement Association. All are recognized by the National Organic Program for the USDA.
Why use harsh chemicals in shampoos, styling gels, skin moisturizers and soaps? They were created as cheap substitutes for organic compounds that do a better job. It's better for the body and the earth to simply return to the source: super natural botanicals.
At the moment the USDA organic seal is only approved for products that meet their acceptable edible food standards, however, new progress is being made everyday to help create a standard for the cosmetic industry. It is very important to me to have the seal on all of my products as soon as it is available.
All ingredients must meet my strict guidelines :
- All products must be made with 70-100% organic content
- No sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, or TEAs
- No GMOs (Genetically Modified Organism)
- No animal testing
- No artificial colors, fragrances or fillers
- All plant extracts and essential oils must be certified organic whenever possible
- All essential oils used must be steam-distilled and not extracted with propylene glycol - which kills the effect of the oils
- All plant oils must be cold pressed, not heat distilled - which kills the therapeutic properties of plant oils
- All ingredients must be proven to be beneficial to the hair or skin
- All ingredients must be harvested in an environmentally-friendly manner (wild-crafted)
- All ingredients must be bio-degradable as possible
Organic (adj.): 2.developing in a manner analogous to the natural growth and evolution characteristic of living organisms; arising as a natural outgrowth.
As my favorite pooch Maya knows, I believe in ethical treatment for all animals. Including humans. My company is endorsed by PETA and the only animal products we use are honey and beeswax. Additionally, by using my upscale salon in SoHo New York to assure the quality of my lines, and by using the best, most organic botanicals, I am able to provide the world with a luxury product like no other.
Organic (adj.): 3.occurring or developing gradually and naturally, without being forced or contrived.
I support a simple and clean approach not just to how I create my products, but also in how I deliver them to my customers. You will never see artificial colors, or fragrances in my ingredients. In addition, all of my packaging uses the minimal amount of ink possible and is printed on 100% recycled and unbleached paper.
To learn more about our commitment to ingredient transparency, click here.